These high 10 tales throughout the nation’s newspapers may curiosity you.
1. Umahi, Akpabio in, Lawan out as INEC unveils candidates for 2023 elections (SEE LIST)
The Unbiased Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC) on Tuesday launched the ultimate record of presidential and Nationwide Meeting candidates for the 2023 basic elections. Learn extra
2. It has change into needed for Reps to intervene in ASUU strike — Gbajabiamila
To be able to discover a lasting answer to the recurrent strike actions by the Educational Workers of Universities (ASUU) the Home of Representatives has waded into the state of affairs. Learn extra
3. Reps summon Account-Basic over MDAs monetary information
The Home of Representatives on Tuesday summoned the Performing Accountant Basic of the Federation, Mr. Okolieaboh Sylva, for failing to submit the 2020 audit studies of Ministries, Division and Companies (MDAs). Learn extra
4. ALLEGED N712M FRAUD: You’ve a case to reply, courtroom tells ex-Gov Lamido
Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal Excessive Court docket, sitting in Abuja, has thrown out a seven-point, no-case submission of former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, difficult his trial by the Financial and Monetary Crimes Fee (EFCC) stating that he has a case to reply earlier than the courtroom. Learn extra
5. Court docket nullifies Taraba APC governorship main, orders recent one
The All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship’s main election, which had produced Sen. Emmanuel Bwacha because the social gathering’s nominee for the final elections of 2023, was on Tuesday declared invalid by a Federal Excessive Court docket in Jalingo. Learn extra
Learn additionally: Prime 10 tales from throughout Nigerian Newspapers, Tuesday September 18th 2022
6. NGX: Traders make N3.2bn as GTCO, First Financial institution high buying and selling
The Nigerian capital market rebounded from earlier losses on Tuesday with the bourse ending the day’s buying and selling with N26.67 trillion fairness capitalization. Learn extra
7. Nigeria’s public debt rises to N42.84 trillion
Nigeria’s complete public debt rose by 2.98 % within the second quarter of this yr to N42.84 trillion ($103.31 billion), new knowledge launched by the Debt Administration Workplace (DMO) present. Learn extra
8. Lagos govt justifies public sale of confiscated automobiles, says site visitors legal guidelines underneath evaluation
The Lagos State Authorities has justified its current public sale of confiscated automobiles owned by violators of site visitors legal guidelines within the state. Learn extra
9. UN company releases $10m to combat acute malnutrition in Nigeria’s North-East
The United Nation Workplace for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), says it has launched the sum of $10 million as assist funds to combat acute malnutrition in North-East Nigeria underneath its Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF). Learn extra
10. Extra gamers anticipated in Tremendous Eagles camp as coaching begins forward Algeria pleasant
Nigeria’s senior males’s soccer staff, the Tremendous Eagles have begun coaching forward of their worldwide pleasant matches in opposition to Algeria.Learn extra
Be a part of the dialog
Assist Ripples Nigeria, maintain up options journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism pushed by knowledge comes at large monetary prices.
As a media platform, we maintain management accountable and won’t commerce the suitable to press freedom and free speech for a chunk of cake.
For those who like what we do, and are able to uphold options journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria trigger.
Your help would assist to make sure that residents and establishments proceed to have free entry to credible and dependable info for societal growth.